Business Resources Center


Corporation, Company or Partnership Filings:
Contact the Secretary of State if you are considering becoming a corporation, a limited liability company or a partnership.

State Licenses: Contact the Department of Consumer Affairs to determine which state license is required foryour business.

State Contractors License: Contact the Contractors State License Board if you will be doing construction work in California that totals $500 or more in labor and materials.

Board of Barbering and Cosmetology: Contact the Board of Barbering and Cosmetology by clicking here.

Fictitious Name Statement: Prior to opening a business, a business name must be selected that is not already in use and then registered. You can file this with the Los Angeles County Clerk.

Regional Resources:

Los Angeles County Health Department

San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership

Choose LACounty

LA County Strategic Plan

Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation

Still need more information?

Below is a list of helpful Community Links: