The following PDF files are available:
All Current Licenses
New Licenses or Renewals in the last 30 days.
Anyone doing business in the City must have a business license from the City of Monrovia. This includes businesses based in the City such as stores, industrial operations or home offices, as well as contractors and other businesses not located in the City. The key aspects of this process are as follows:
- Obtain a Business License from the Building Division's Business License Officer.
- Yes, there is a business license fee which varies depending on type of business and number of employees.
- Licenses must be renewed annually (quarterly and one-time-job licenses also available).
Completed applications must include the following:
- Business name and address
- Business owner's name and address
- Emergency contact name and phone number
- Property owner's signature
- Federal employer I.D. Number
- State license number
- Retail permit number
- Social security number
- Number of employees, apartments (depending on the business type).
For further information about the business license requirements and fees, contact the Business License Officer at (626) 932-5586.
Other Documents include:
Business License Application
Hazardous Materials Disclosure
Home Business Applications
Schedule 1 - Basic Business License Fee
Schedule 2 - Residential Rental
Schedule 2a - Hotels and Motels
Schedule 3 - Delivery Trucks
Schedule 4 - Business Improvement
Schedule 5 - Fire Engine Company Inspections
Schedule 5a - Fire Engine Company Inspections